Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick question

If I'm tuning with a wideband in open loop (PE table set to one, OLFA table set to 1.13, MAF Fail Freq. to 0) to clean up the VE table, do I need the stock O2 sensors? I'm asking because I would like to be able to tune my friend's car and he's not too crazy about having a spare O2 bung welded in and wants to know if you can use the stock location for the WB. If you can use the stock location, how do you adjust the PE table once the VE table is cleaned up? I'm assuming once you return the OLFA table to stock, the PE table will need to be tweaked to achieve a 13.0 AFR. Please help!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:56 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

once the car sees a bad o2(or missing O2...)
it locks it into open loop PE mode...
which I guess means you could use a wideband if all your PE stuff was set to 1.000 and you MAF was disabled or unplugged...

it also throws everything into th elow octane tables as well if I remember right...so copy your high octane to the low octane tables..
Old 06-11-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by soundengineer
once the car sees a bad o2(or missing O2...)
it locks it into open loop PE mode...
which I guess means you could use a wideband if all your PE stuff was set to 1.000 and you MAF was disabled or unplugged...

it also throws everything into th elow octane tables as well if I remember right...so copy your high octane to the low octane tables..
So, I should be able to use the stock O2 location, set everything in the PE table to 1, and everything in the OLFA table to 1.13 to back-figure a 14.7 AFR on the VE table?? Then restore the stock OLFA table and PE tables and adjust the PE tables for 13.0 AFR?? Anyone else done it this way?? I don't want to blow up my friend's car!

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 06-13-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
So, I should be able to use the stock O2 location, set everything in the PE table to 1, and everything in the OLFA table to 1.13 to back-figure a 14.7 AFR on the VE table?? Then restore the stock OLFA table and PE tables and adjust the PE tables for 13.0 AFR?? Anyone else done it this way?? I don't want to blow up my friend's car!
Anyone?