Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Another typical monsoon question, opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another typical monsoon question, opinion please

Ok, Ive read around and already installed the new Kenwood HU, love it

I already understand all the wiring from the HU to the Amp and all that. Just wanted to ask some of you guys, with stock and/or aftermarket speakers, will my system sound better with the HU ran through the factory wiring and amplifier???? Or should I splice and bypass the amp and just let the factory speakers run from my Kenwood HU???? Which way will sound better??? I am gonna order a 4 channel amp later on and I have Infinity component sets on the way right now for front and rear and I did away with the sail panel speakers for other stuff

Just some advice please based on your alls situations.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

bump bump bump
Old 06-15-2005, 06:16 AM
Launching!

Seems like the overall opinion, mine too, is that its better to run new wires. Especially when you install the new amp and component set. I currently run my system with everything stock except the HU. I have a new alpine that sounds great to me. If you're adding better components, most audio buffs will tell you that you won't get the full potential out of them unless you use an aftermarket amp/wiring.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Thats cool. I planned on running all new wiring when I up the power with an amp of course. However it will be a bit before I buy a second amp. So NBM (i obviously dont remember your name) Is yours still using the factory amp?? At first my system sounded like crap, then I remembered that I had one of my sail panel speakers out(access to the bottle) and the rear right sub was shorting out. A lil solder and its fixed. After some serious tuning it sounds awesome for factory speakers, way better than ever before. I have a Kenwood 889 HU, Alpine M605 mono channel amp, and Infinity perfect subs. Also bought all my install stuff including a stinger pro capacitor. Also have an infinity component set and rear speakers on the way. So Im done spending money on stereo for now. Got too many other parts to buy. Im more into speed, but I DD this vehicle right now to work 30 miles each way. Dont feel too bad because I kept it parked all winter. But, just sold my jeep to buy the system and a bunch of go fast goodies. Thanks for any advice guys.