Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Calling all T-56 experts

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Calling all T-56 experts

Okay this is odd as hell. A few days ago I had a run in with a 99 white Z and we had a little run. Good news is I edged about 1/4 of a car on him very cool guy to. Anyways When i shut it down about 140 or so I heard a very nasty sound like loose bolts in my bellhousing that are bouncing around. I can actually feel something bouncing against my foot when I have the clutch pushed in. I didn't dare let out on the clutch until I slowed down to about 80 or so then it just stopped. The car drives normally doesn't grind or anything in gears and shifts smooth. Clutch doesn't feel weird, motor idles perfect and pulls strong. I got underneath and didn't see any damage to the bellhousing. My car is still tuned on the A4 so Im wondering if the governor could have anything to do with it because that is the speed my governor would kick in with the auto. Anyone have any ideas what this could be I am also leaning towards the cheap *** slave cylinder. That ******* throwout bearing has been noisy since I put it in almost 2000 miles ago.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Banned

Default that's WEIRD!

and it drives fine now?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah she drives like a bat out of hell no problems what so ever. I don't hear any rattling in the bellhousing or engine area. But if i take it up that speed there it is. Why is it always me that has the problems noone else has. I am seriously starting to think it has something to do with the governor. I will go get a M6 flash either wednesday or thursday and then run it back up there to see if it will do it again. But i am concerned that the clutch is actually falling apart and don't want that stock pos going through my knee cap. I don't think it would work flawlessly if it was falling apart anyways. And if it would then i would hear it all the time so that can't be it.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

I think I might have figured out what it is. It sounds like a spring when it does this noise. Also my clutch wouldn't disengage this morning after several attempts. But I let it sit for a minute fired the car up pushed in the clutch and heard a clunk now I have gear and it shifts perfectly. What are the causes of a broken dampner spring on the clutch disc or broken spring on the pressure plate. I think that is what it is has anybody broken something like this before, that can chime in on what the clutch will do when those springs let go. It is a stock clutch by the way.

Quick Reply: Calling all T-56 experts