PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP with Idle tuning using HPtuners ASAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with Idle tuning using HPtuners ASAP!!!!

I need to know what to log and what tables to change to get my idle right. I had a custom tune from an ex-sponcer and my car dies when stoping with a/c on. I am stumped on the whole thing i have read tons of post and tried to understand them but i guess iam stupid. I want to know what to log and what idle tables to change cause now i have iac count of 0 and surging with a mild 02 ls6 cam. by the way my ve is tuned perfect and my ltft's are -1 to -2 and my maf is scaled really close so i know that is not the problem.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

First you need to get your IAC counts between 40 and 60 as the sticky readme shows in the forum.

Then to tune the idle correctly, log the LTIT and STIT(gear) and STIT(park/n). And you need to get them as close to 0 as possiblem by modifying the Base Idle Airflow table.

Dixit
Old 06-16-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you messed with the throttle body at all? Seems very strange that you'd have problems with the car dying with iac position of 0. Also seems strange that your having problems with an ls6 cam that should idle perfectly. Have you done any work recently that could result in a vacuum leak?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

no changes to tb or vacuum leaks. The shop that tuned the car is no longer around and they messed with the idle and i have no idea why they would have with an ls6 cam. That is why i bought hptuners was to fix all there screw ups.