Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

kills from a few days

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kills from a few days

so the other day im cruising on the highway at about 65 with the windows down, coming back from best buy (picked up new System of a Down CD) and im on my way back to base, when i see a single headlight shining at me in my side view mirror. hes about 1/4 mile back, so i slow down to 55 (speed limit) to see if he will catch up. after a few minutes he does, and its a mid 20's black guy on a yellow gixxer. it didnt say what size, as i looked carefully for it, only gsxr on the front portion under the tank. i toss him a rev as he gets beside me, and he acknowledges me with a look and a gesture for me to go. i slowly put the car into 2nd, rev match a little and let the clutch out slow to bring up the rpms. i then turn off the music, and then i waved at hit and signled '3' with my fingers and he nodded. i honk 3 times and were off. he jumped ahead (naturally) by about 1 1/2 to 2 cars or so. but he was being reeled in fairly quickly before i shut down due to upcoming traffic about 1500 ft ahead of me (i dont like to run up on people ***'). but, this guy, being a total jackass, procedes to just coast into the left emergency lane and coast around the traffic. wtf? we went one more time, with the same results..shutting down due to traffic, and him weaving in b/t the cars.

then, last night, i was leaving the beach, taking my friend back to base, when he asked me to go thru a few gears since his Z is down with clutch problems and he wanted to have a little fun. i told him i would before i dropped him off, but not now (traffic/and i was on the phone). so i continue to cruise, doing about 60 in the left lane, when i see a quicksilver 03/04 cobra 2 lanes over on my right. as i pass him slowly, i toss a rev, just to say hi and be friendly and dont think twice. he apparently heard me, and dropped down a few gears and passed me fast as **** on my right. lol. i just stop talking on the phone and hang up and procede to follow him. by now theres not much traffic, and im behind him doing the speedlimit now. then i see his *** squat and hes on the move. i drop it in 2nd and begin the chase. didnt stay in it long b/c traffic was coming up quick and he had a nice jump regardless. i pull next to him and my friend is telling him to slow down and go on 3. he procedes to say 'dont waste your money' and smiles. so i naturally get a little aggravated and just drop it in 2nd and turn the tires over at about 65. i guess that got his attention b/c he came right back up and waved/gave a thumbs up, and took off. all in all, it wasnt too bad. but we never could get lined up and go together. i would get a jump and he would follow, neither of us pulling. and he would get a jump and i wouldnt pull, and he wouldnt pull away. i think i wouldve fared well if we got an even start. oh, he was probably mid/early 30's with his wife(i presume) in the car. im still sorting out some backfiring/misfiring issues, but after that i think ill do better

post will be cont. in a new thread due to multiple stories...