Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Paging Tranzor

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Tranzor

Jason,
You were telling me that you have some 26x10.50 16 MT et streets. Would the 26x11.50 16 fit the 16" T/A wheels? I'm going to buy some ET streets soon, just wanted to pick your brain. Can I drive on the highway with that tire, or is it strickly for racing. I mean could I put them on at home and drive to the track? Do you think the ET streets would hook better then the MT drag radial. I noticed the ET street 26x10.50 16 is not as wide of a tire as the P255 50 16" drag radial. After 26 passes the MT DRs are 50% gone, I want to keep the DRs for the street and get some slicks for the track.

I'm taking your advise and keeping the 3.73s, after going on a road trip over the weekend I realized that the 4.10 may be to much gear for highway use.

Eddie
Old 06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ET Streets that I use are a bias play tire... meaning they need a tube inside... because of that, it really is a track only type of tire. Depending on how far you have to go, I wouldn't drive on the highway with those at all... I'd be ok to drive back and forth to the track, because I don't have to get on the highway at all to get to Pacific (I live less than 10 miles away). But if I had to do any kind of freeway time, I wouldn't do it.

As it is, I just drive to the track on my regular street tires, and change wheels there... can be a bit of a PITA, but my tires are still in great shape (this is my second season using them), as they have no extra miles on them other than 1/4 mile use.

And you definitely do not need the 11.5 wide tire... won't do you any good, as you wouldn't be hitting hard enough for the extra patch of rubber to do any good. My 10.5s fit the 16" stock Firebird wheels perfectly, and I have absolutely no problems with them sticking... 7k clutch dumps and the car launches like it got rear ended by a bus.