Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need a new front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new front bumper

Should i spend the extra on OEM or get an aftermarket? (stock style)

Aftermarket is alot cheaper but will i have issues with the fit?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Definitely get OEM. I was thinking the same way you were and bought fenders and a front bumper off of ebay and they fit like crap. I ended up buying OEM stuff all over and losing my money on the aftermarket crap.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Definitely get OEM. I was thinking the same way you were and bought fenders and a front bumper off of ebay and they fit like crap. I ended up buying OEM stuff all over and losing my money on the aftermarket crap.
Yep i've been looking at the ones on ebay, guess i'll stay away from that junk and get the OEM.. thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 07:31 PM
FormerVendor

I have aftermarket pieces. Front bumper and passenger fender. The fit is not perfect, but not bad. It can be lined up well, but I would suggest to get OEM anyway to save yourself some headaches.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

when i had my front and rear bumpers replaced, the insurance co. wanted to use aftermarket, but the body shop recommended against it since they said they had fitment issues with aftermarket stuff, so i called the insurance co. and told them to use oem.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
when i had my front and rear bumpers replaced, the insurance co. wanted to use aftermarket, but the body shop recommended against it since they said they had fitment issues with aftermarket stuff, so i called the insurance co. and told them to use oem.
Yep, insurance companies will do all they can to save money. By law, you can have your car fixed at the dealer, and have them use OE parts. That is your right as the vehicle owner to regain as much value of the vehicle as possible. Then, you can turn around and get the insurance company to pay for your vehicle's deminished value.