Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

turn signal issue???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal issue???

I went to use my turn signal (right) and the green blinker remained green as thoough I had burned out a taillight. I went to check all my right side bulbs and all where still in working order????? I am guessing its the mechcanism in the steering or possibly a fuse.....can any one help me here?????where do I begin????
Old 06-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It's a bulb on the right side. Turn on your hazard flashers and walk around the car to find the bulb that isn't flashing.

Both side turn signals run off the same fuse and the same flasher so if one side is working but the other isn't then it can't be a fuse or the flasher. It is possible that a bad ground or socket corrosion is causing the problem but you will still see a bulb that doesn't flash because of that bad ground or socket.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have checked the bulbs but when I hit the brakes, the inner light doesnt shine....this is a PITA!!!!!what else do I need to check????
Old 06-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Only two of the three bulbs on the Firebird taillights are dual-filament so only those two will light up for the brakes or turn signals. This is normal.

Check the bulbs again as I described. Just because there is some light coming from the bulb when the headlights/parking lights are on doesn't mean the bulb isn't burned out. They are dual filament bulbs so the dim filament (parking/running lights) might be fine even though the bright filament (turn signal) is burned out. Trust me - you WILL find at least one bulb that doesn't flash on the side that isn't working.