Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

this might be stupid

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this might be stupid

I was wondering after you do a whole wash and wax job on your car, how do you keep it clean? is it ok for me to wash my car and will the wax still be there? or is it best to just use a quick detailer spray? im dumb. . .
Old 06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozzykicks2002
I was wondering after you do a whole wash and wax job on your car, how do you keep it clean? is it ok for me to wash my car and will the wax still be there? or is it best to just use a quick detailer spray? im dumb. . .
I like to wax it and try and maintain it with detailer spray, since its ALOT less work then washing and drying everything. I would reccomend you use detail spray as much as you can. Just dont do it when the car is dirty dirty, like after you drive down a backroad or something.

But yes the wax will still be there after you wash. A few times atleast.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

No such thing as a dumb question, unless it involves asking how to put a large wing on the back of your car...

Quick detailers are wonderful for keeping the "wet" look a good wax gives you. I typically wash my car every week, followed by a quick detailer to help maintain the wax/sealant and remove water spots. Once a month I'll apply a new layer of wax/sealant. If you're washing with a car wash concentrate (Meguiars, Black Magic, whatever), it won't strip the wax off. If you're washing your car with Dawn or some other dishwashing soap, it will remove the wax quickly.

-Mike
Old 06-24-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THIS IS VERY STUPID.

ditto what everyone else said
Old 06-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Launching!

LOL thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
No such thing as a dumb question, unless it involves asking how to put a large wing on the back of your car...

-Mike
Dude! I SAW that Camaro on my way back from Kiawah, SC. I guess there were no 4-door, 4-bangers available the day that kid went car shopping. Someone should tell these kids that the "F" in F-Body does not stand for "Frankenstein"!