Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please Help!!!! Trany Or Rear Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please Help!!!! Trany Or Rear Problem

Help you guys i have a Ls1 M6 and i dont know if my trany is the one giving me problems or my rear end is out. Last night i went to the track and got ready for a run i pulled up and starting warming up my tires except when i rev up and starting doing it my RPM kept going down so i could'nt do it at all and then i tried my friends LS1 and it did it perfectly they told me it could be my tranny , so then my friend drove my car and he could"nt get a single gear in this was after just to 2 runs my gears weren't nothing compared to his what couln't be the problem. It feels like it does'nt have enought power to move my rear. 2000 camaro LS1. In that condition it was doing only 14.3 at 98 mph. HELPSS.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chevysszl1
, so then my friend drove my car and he could"nt get a single gear in this was after just to 2 runs .
Do you mean it would not go into gear?? You're clutch could be slipping bad, or you could have the hydraulics could be taking a **** on you. Slave/master.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:49 AM
9 Second Club

Traction control turned off?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Teching In

yeah the tration control is turned off> It will go into first gear but then the rest of the gears won't go in in high rpm. Plus when i warm up my tires at the track it hesitates to peal out and the rpm just start going down.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chevysszl1
yeah the tration control is turned off> It will go into first gear but then the rest of the gears won't go in in high rpm. Plus when i warm up my tires at the track it hesitates to peal out and the rpm just start going down.
Its probably a bad clutch, but then again, the RPMs should be going up, with the tires not spinning.

EDIT: test if your clutch is slipping by putting it in 6th while just crusing, and then punch it.
If its slipping, the RPMs will start going up, and the car wont be really moving.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Teching In

I wish someone who knew a lot about tranny's could test my car anyone out here in L.A C.A. or is there someone who know about a good place i can go out here.

Quick Reply: Please Help!!!! Trany Or Rear Problem