Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Night Of Fire

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Of Fire

Don't know if anyone else went, but I was more than a tad bit dissappointed. It was just the typical Saturday night Bracket Races with the Jet Cars thrown in to make about 3 runs, and than fireworks at the end . I haven't been in at least 5 years, but I remember when it used to be a lot bigger and better. They use to run some Alcohol F/C and Dragster's....what happened to them? I'll have to say that unless they bring out something more than Jet Cars next year....I won't be going back.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:43 AM
TECH Regular

I was also expecting to see some nitromethane funny cars as well which I thought they had last year (or maybe it was the Super Chevy Show). Oh well, my kids enjoy seeing teh wheelie cars and jet cars regardless.

It sucks that the weather wasn't cooperating last night. I also can't believe they sent cars down the track when it was drizzling. I wasn't surprised when that railcar hit the wall.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wile_E
It sucks that the weather wasn't cooperating last night. I also can't believe they sent cars down the track when it was drizzling. I wasn't surprised when that railcar hit the wall.
Yeah, we got up and left at about 10 to go sit in the truck and watch the fireworks...cause we didn't feel like waiting for them to dry the track out again. I must have missed him hit the wall though. But you're right, I was surprised they kept them running when it was drizzling like that.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
Yeah, we got up and left at about 10 to go sit in the truck and watch the fireworks...cause we didn't feel like waiting for them to dry the track out again. I must have missed him hit the wall though. But you're right, I was surprised they kept them running when it was drizzling like that.
The rail car hit the wall much earlier. They seemed to have trouble with the left lane for a while after that.