Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

major power steering issue. help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 01:45 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default major power steering issue. help!!!!

well was parking the car and the boom. big puff of smoke from the engine bay and tons of fluid under the car. lookin around tons of liquid everywhere in the engine bay. it was power steering fluid. i recently had to take out the factory lines and install aftermarket ones due to the turbo install. in the process i did the power steering cooler delete. im trying to figure out why it "blew up" because all the lines are on tight. my only guess is that i mixed up the lines. i have the draw from the resevour going to the wrong spot on the rack and vice versa. does anyone know what would happen if i had these two mixed up? it was leakin really bad, i went through an entire resevour in about 3 blocks that it took me to get home. poping the cap there was smoking coming out of the resevour also.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

that, or heat from the turbo system ate through the line. i lost an A/C hose on a LT1 because heat from a header pipe burned through it
Old 06-26-2005, 01:49 PM
NKAWTG...N

i checked all the lines, there are no visable or physical holes in it that i can see/feel. anyone have a diagram or picture of which hose from the resevour goes to which part on the rack?
Old 06-26-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

is this the 2002 SS in your sig we are talking about?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:02 PM
NKAWTG...N

yes . .