Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo setup

Hi, im kinda new to the forums, ive been doing some searching and cant seem to find pistons that go below 9... in the compression. I am going to away to school soon and am about to by a short block to build. Other then alummium being lighter....should I go alumminum if im doing a turbo setup? obviously alumminum tends to warp under a lot of heat. Any comments?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are guys running a ton of power through aluminum blocks... and they don't warp under even extreme usage. So far the only identified problem I am aware of is main bearing cap walk on some extreme engine setups... so I guess the block flexes a little when pushed to some serious limits... I think the agreed consensus is around 750rwhp.

Check out the Forced Induction section

Originally Posted by BOOSTIN86
Hi, im kinda new to the forums, ive been doing some searching and cant seem to find pistons that go below 9... in the compression. I am going to away to school soon and am about to by a short block to build. Other then alummium being lighter....should I go alumminum if im doing a turbo setup? obviously alumminum tends to warp under a lot of heat. Any comments?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Yea that will happen under pushing any motor to the limits...and i apologize for my ignorace for the ls1
Old 06-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Teching In

other then qestion were i can get the pistons....were can I get a 6.0 cast iron block? By the way i planb on puting this in a gto