Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Really Mad Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Really Mad Please Help

Ok, doing A4 to M6 swap. Yes, I pulled the steering column, yes I put everything back together. Anyone have any pics of how ignition wires should go? Right now I have starter just hanging there, but it is hooked up. Had starter tested and starter is good. Some reason with starter connected to car, I get lights, radio, everything else, but starter doesn't even turn over. So, the 2 wires that are supposed to go to clutch safety switch, I just wired them together, and nothing. I turn key and accessory power comes on but doesn't even TRY to start. Please help. Need ANY input on where to start/what to do. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont the autos have a safety switch that you can only start the car when its in park or neutral?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

This is a manual now. I tried connecting the 2 wires together for the lockout, so that shouldn't be stopping it. After I get this figured out those 2 wires will go to clutch switch so switch has to be in (Clutch depressed) in order to start car.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you positive you connected all of the connectors on the steering column? One on them, i believe the one on the very top which is nearly impossible to see when the column is in place, is for the ignition. If it isnt plugged in i dont think your car will start. I could be wrong on this but im pretty sure ive read that somewhere. Just double check your connections on the top of the column.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Was going over wires, unfortunately I can't get back to shop 'til friday. But I think one of the wires is broken and loose. I found a wiring diagram, and was wondering about that wire from beginning. That wire is to Ignition Key lock cylinder according to this picture: http://afrashteh.com/tranny_pics/DCP_1626.JPG

So I'm going to try and find other end of wires and PRAY that is all it is.

Quick Reply: Really Mad Please Help