Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure too High??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pressure too High??

I recently installed the Racetronix PNP kit and FAST fuel rails. I went the get the car N2O tuned and it was PIG rich (11.5:1 on motor). He tuned that out and got it about 12.7:1 on motor. When we sprayed the car it went down to 10:1 and only made 80 hp on a 150 shot . After checking the N2O lines for obstructions I checked my fuel pressure and have 66 psi at idle. I didn't want to free rev the motor too high but got it to probably about 3/4 thottle and never saw the guage budge. What would cause my FP to be so high? After talking to the N2O manufacturer (he did some math) he said to try it on the 100 shot fuel jets, so as soon as I can get back on a dyno I'm gonna give that a try.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fixed regulator ramped the pressure when you installed the Racetronic. Not a problem since you retuned for na. The higher pressure is flowing more fuel through the n20 jets also...not a problem...just use the smaller fuel jets until you bring the af back in line.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering about this also because I have 62psi at idle with my Racetronix pump. I knew it was running rich because my LT were around -5 after the pump and -2 before I installed it. I have not had the car retuned since the pump was put in now I just did the heads,intake,tb,injectors,fuel rails so I am sure it is off pretty good? I need to go get this tuned and find out for sure.