Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need some help with a lighting mod...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with a lighting mod...

I'm about to do the "lighted bird" mod on my front plate cover, but afterthoughtsauto.com only has "blemished" clear plate covers in stock. Has anyone bought one of these blemished versions, and if so, how are they? I'll be painting over the majority of it anyway, I'm only leaving the outlines of the bird to light up... so if it is just bubbles in the plastic, that's fine. As long as the fitting is the same, and there aren't any "notches" in the plactic, I should be ok, but I'd like to hear from someone before I by a blemished product. Does anyone else even sell the clear license plate covers? I haven't been able to find any online. Thanks in advance for the help!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Launching!

I personally haven't bought one of theirs, but I have heard people on message boards say that they couldn't even find anything wrong with theirs. Others said that the edges had some small scratches. Maybe one of the people on this board will be able to give you some first hand experience though.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the input, I'll see if there are a couple more people who agree, and if so, I'll go ahead and order it this weekend.