Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Keeping my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keeping my car

Well after convincing my wife to get a corvette, I've changed my mind, so the formula will be staying with us for awhile longer.

We're looking at building a house, and while the corvette (used) would be a lower monthly payment, we only have about 14 months left to pay on my car.

Oh well, we'll probably get one sometime, just not as soon as I'd really like to. Maybe if we wait another 2 years or so we can get a used c6???? We'll see.

So what this means for now though is I can put on my drive shaft safety loop and go out to the drags with you all
Old 07-04-2005, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I made the same decision a while back. It IS the right thing to do. I paid off the Blue car the week we bought our house. Never even got to feel what it was like to not have that payment. We paid off Stephs car in March(a year and a Half Early) so now we just have the house and utilities plus my tool bill's

It is a good plan
Old 07-05-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going through this right now as well. To keep the GTO, or to trade it, plus my Ranger for a used Z06. The Z06 is a great car, but so is the GTO. Having the truck around for yard stuff and as bad weather backup is also nice. I also have the GTO modded to fit my taste...
...It's a tough decision when both cars are so nice, yet so different.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
Well after convincing my wife to get a corvette, I've changed my mind, so the formula will be staying with us for awhile longer.

We're looking at building a house, and while the corvette (used) would be a lower monthly payment, we only have about 14 months left to pay on my car.

Oh well, we'll probably get one sometime, just not as soon as I'd really like to. Maybe if we wait another 2 years or so we can get a used c6???? We'll see.

So what this means for now though is I can put on my drive shaft safety loop and go out to the drags with you all
Even though the 'used C6 bug is going around you can't drive the house anywhere - sure, it requires a key but damn if they just won't start up!

Pay off the formie, slap some mods on it and know you will have enough to pay for a track day then crash in your favorite chair in your new house

Oh yeah, Mega Millions is something like 46mil. Buy a ticket. If you win then you have to buy us all a Vette

Quick Reply: Keeping my car