Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Maintenance for a Moser??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance for a Moser??

I am planning on having a new 12 bolt put in, and Im wondering what kind of maintenance is required. For instance, are there any periodic re-tightening of anything needed (I heard aout the after-market torque arm problem, but mine will be stock for now)? Any scheduled lubing of anything required? What about fluid - what kind is best with the moser? Do you still use the additive? How often should I change the fluid (and should I change it a few hundred miles after its new)? Just wanna know the basics of the new Moser; I wanna make it last in peak shape for a long time
Old 07-05-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMAIR57
I am planning on having a new 12 bolt put in, and Im wondering what kind of maintenance is required. For instance, are there any periodic re-tightening of anything needed (I heard aout the after-market torque arm problem, but mine will be stock for now)? Any scheduled lubing of anything required? What about fluid - what kind is best with the moser? Do you still use the additive? How often should I change the fluid (and should I change it a few hundred miles after its new)? Just wanna know the basics of the new Moser; I wanna make it last in peak shape for a long time
I just purchased a Moser 12 bolt and installed it today. I bought the 33 spline axles, tru-trac posi, (this is suppose to be stronger than the eaton),
3 inch wheel studs, 1350 driveshaft yoke (stronger). Recommended oil is 80-90 gear lube (do not use synthetic). Use loc-tite on your torque arm bolts, as far as changing gear lube, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea after a few thousand miles, but it's probably not necessary. As far as additive, you don't need it with a tru-trac. Your driveshaft rear u-joint will have to be changed to match up to the 1350 yoke (if you option for this yoke, or you can order a stock yoke and use your driveshaft as is). Your stock driveshaft will fit perfectly with a Moser 12 bolt. If you do go to the 1350 yoke and have your rear u-joint changed, you should have the driveshaft balanced. Factory installs injected plastic in the u-joint and causes balance issues in some applications when replaced. Good Luck! Moser Engineering (260) 726-6689 Press 1

Ron