Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???? about Patriot Shaft-mount Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???? about Patriot Shaft-mount Rockers

I did a search, but couldn't find much on these rockers with respect to problems/praises.

I have a 408 that only has the rockers left to go on. I have purchased the Patriots and would like to know if those that are running them have ever had any problems with them? I'll be honest with you, they are for a good price, but the quality is not the best. I was using the Comp Magnum 1.75s before, but had to pull the motor to rebuild and changed some things.

My engine builder slapped them on to check them and didn't like the rocker/pushrod geometry very much, but he forgot to elongate the holes. So that issue should be corrected - hopefully. I know the pushrods have to be between 7.100"-7.200".

I am at a stage now where I could return the Patriots and go with the Comp or Jesel shaft mount, but if people are running the Patriot with no problems, then I'm okay with using what I have. I have CompR lifters so I need the adjustable type and need to stay with the 1.7 ratio because my cam already has over .600" of lift.

How about guys running the Comp or Jesel - how much shimming/shaving did you have to do to the head? My heads are TEA 6.0L stgIII, 317 castings.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of T&D's for my 408 there still sitting in the box... they deffently are a quality peice the 2 month wait time sucked look into the comps of T&Ds there both priced pretty close..I have even heard the comps are made by t&d dont know if thats true or not. Best thing is both systems are adjustable unlike the SS jesels.. I ruled out the Jesels because the T&D's were only 35 bucks more and adjustable
Old 07-05-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm.....I thought the Jesel SSs were adjustable? Comp is saying that the head may need some shaving, or need shims to work, but wouldn't know how much if any until they arrived - which really blows.