Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

LED/Fuse issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED/Fuse issue

So I've decided to go with LED's in my Euro taillights, and I put them in today, in both my turn signal and brake light sockets. However, I later noticed that when I pressed on the brake, they did not light up. The turn signals, however, work as they should. I checked the fuses, and sure as ****, I'd blown the "Stop/Hazard" 20A fuse. I pulled the 20A in the "Tail lps" position and popped it in... stepped on the brakes and heard an audible pop. There went another fuse. I figured a larger fuse would do the trick, so I pulled the "Cig/Accy" 30A fuse. Pop went the fuse, once again. What am I doing wrong here? Do I need a bigger fuse yet? Or maybe in some odd way that's TOO much fuse? I'm so confused, I'm willing to try anything... once I buy more fuses.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:24 AM
On The Tree

Yeah a bigger fuse thats it ........ sorry
you either have a bad bulb or one in sideways
the no meter method
do pull all brake lights
then put in good fuse test
then add a bulb at a time
you can figure this out from here
let us know what it was
Old 07-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Staging Lane

Alright... I'll try this later on today... it's already 4 am, I work at 9... gotta get up early to work on the car, so it looks like no sleep for me! Plus I'm worried shitless because I got hit by a rock today... crack in the windshield... just don't feel like sleeping.