Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cowl induction hoods

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cowl induction hoods

Does anyone have a picture, from inside the passenger compartment or a cowl induction hood? I remember some people would mount gauges in the raised section of some 3rd gens, and was wondering if the same was possible for 4th gens.

Also, for any of you that do have a raised cowl hood, how is the view on cold nights. Would the heat from the engine compartment fog up the windshield?

Sorry for the newb questions, just something I was wondering about.

THanks,
David
Old 07-09-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go:

Mounting gauges behind it shouldn' t problem, as it' s pretty high. Mine is supposed to be 2 3/4", but it seems taller than that. As far as the view...it sucks all the time, not just on cold nights. It does block quite a bit of vision, and sucks to drive at first. Once you get used to it, it' s not bad. Fog doesn' t seem to be a factor, but then again I haven' t been in the cold with it yet. BTW, mine is the American Sports Car Design hood.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the pic. Man that does look like planty of room for gauges

What do you mean by "It sucks all the time, not just on cold nights"? Is that due to the blockage, or due to something else?
Old 07-11-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problem man. It sucks because of the blockage. It blocks more than you' d imagine, but once you get used to it, it' s not bad. You do however have to use a little more caution. I don' t recommend following too close in case the car in front of you runs over something, and you' ll have to pray that no small animals run out in front of you.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have a pic from the front as well? just curious how the ascd looks on a non advertisment car
Old 07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

I was actually thinking of getting one and doing some body work / cutting it down in size and round the edges to give it a more subtle look. My big thing was that I wasn't sure if the windows would fog up on cold nights.

I've always loved the Berger super car look:
Attached Thumbnails Cowl induction hoods-bergersupercarsmall.jpg  
Old 07-11-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

How' s that? It looks pretty good, has some imperfections, but nothing a good body man can' t fix.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I was actually thinking of getting one and doing some body work / cutting it down in size and round the edges to give it a more subtle look. My big thing was that I wasn't sure if the windows would fog up on cold nights.

I've always loved the Berger super car look:
So far the windows haven' t fogged up at night, but I didn' t have it last winter, so I can' t be sure just yet. I love that car, I just wish someone would release a similar front bumper.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Darth Z
So far the windows haven' t fogged up at night, but I didn' t have it last winter, so I can' t be sure just yet. I love that car, I just wish someone would release a similar front bumper.
and fenders

Did you buy your hood from a sponsor? I liked the SS hoods better at first, but I'm starting to take a better liking to cowl hoods now...

D
Old 07-11-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep. Bought it from Thunder Racing. I like the SS hoods, BUT a lot of people use them. The cowl is used a lot, but it' s still kinda rare to see one. I know of atleast 3-4 Camaros here, that have SS hoods on non-SS cars. There is only one cowl hood on a 4th gen in my town.

Quick Reply: Cowl induction hoods