Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of going solid lifter!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking of going solid lifter!

I wanted to use the Comp pro magnum 1.75 roller rocker along with the solid lifter and cam combo, will this work? I haven't purchased the cam or lifters yet just looking for suggestions. Thanks,
Old 07-12-2005, 06:22 PM
BB
TECH Enthusiast

Those are adjustable and you will need that. From what I have read a shaft rocker is recommended for a high perf. application of a solid roller. And from what I have found on here most solid rollers run shaft rockers.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

how streetable is solid roller. i plan to get a beater and thought about going solid on the new motor i am gona build. so my truck will not get drove as much as it did but still will see regular street use. trying to decide if it would be worth the effort and how dependable it would be.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
BB
TECH Enthusiast

It will be dependable and reliable and streetable. As much as a hydraulic? I wouldn't expect it since the valves will be slamming against the heads. Then there is the setting of valve lash and the additional noise. There are many daily driver solid rollers on this board.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

The HLT Morels are an option. I just got some data back on a marine test engine with the limited travels in it. They put 300 hours on the engine, that is equal to 30K miles for a street engine. The sound of the engine is solid roller type, the power comparison to the hyd doesn't seem to be much different but the throttle response is very noticeable. These run about a $575 a set but for the guy that want solid roller sound and throttle but doesn't want the maintenance issues they are the way to go.