Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hots installed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Hots installed!

This weekend, my buddy and I installed my Jet hot LTs and ORY (its the catted y but we opted for the ORY for now). I decided to run it though my stock exhaust to keep it quiet and use my cut out when I want it loud. I just thought Id share my experience to help out others..

It took 8 hours to do but should have only taken about 4.5. We ran into two problems that held us up. First, the header bolt on the drivers side closest to the rear of the car threaded in wrong. We re tapped the hole and had it on in no time. On the other side, same place, the bolt would go all the way in except for the last 8th inch or so. We just shaved that 8th off and torqued it to the 18 ft-lb. So far, no leaks or issues except for the P0300 code was set off becasue the #5 cylinder spark plug wire was loose. I just tightened her up and deleted the code, no problems.
Sounds great and went in smooth with the exception of the problems mentioned above.