Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crane tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Crane tuner

I've been testing out the Crane tuner for a few weeks now and am very pleased with the results. I was going to wait until I got some track results before posting, but I am so impressed with what it did for my newly installed 3500 torque converter that I wanted to post now.

I was expecting to see some issues with the TC install and a stock tune. It appears the Crane settings made all of the necessary adjustments to part-throttle shift points, torque management, TCC lockup, shift firmness, etc. that makes the TC perform flawlessly. I can feel the shifts (without shift kit), not mushy. No lockup or torque management issues at all!

The improvements from the custom engine tunes are very noticeable in part throttle driveability. The cam 1 tune cleaned up my dirty idle and made it very close to stock smoothness. The cam 2 tune gives it a very light, steady chop. I don't know which tune is better until I have a chance to make some runs at the track.

Overall, this tuner is great for computer-challenged folks like me. Good job to the guys that developed the tunes!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

glad to see it's working out for you. i think you can take that HPP3 out of your sig now, huh?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 AM
11 Second Club

When I get new (better) track results with the Crane then I'll change the sig.

The HPP3 helped me go from 13s to 12s. I can't complain.

I hoping the Crane helps me get into the 11s!