Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fans won't come on...PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fans won't come on...PART 2

The latest test.

I went for a drive. Kept the A/C off and dogged the **** out of it in the city in the hot *** south Florida weather today. The temp never got past the 155 degree mark and the car performed great. I pulled over and the fans were on.

So I put the A/C on and kept driving it around. The temp rose steadily straight past the 210 degree mark in about 15 minutes time. BUT I made it a point to pull over literally every 2-3 minutes to check the fans. I popped the hood each time and the fans were kicking *** every single time I checked them, and they were definitely on high. I even turned the A/C off when it was past 210 and the fans stayed on high with the engine running.

So after I had enough and didn't want the temps to get higher I turned off the A/C and went on my way. The temp went immediately down to 155.

Water is full too.

What a joke.

Last edited by Quickin; 07-18-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, my car can sit in the 95 degree weather with the A/C on "max" and idle all day and it also won't go over 155 degrees, it won't even get near the 155 mark. But as soon as I drive away it will boil.

More of a joke.