Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Problem with my headlights. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my headlights. Please help.

I got a HID kit into my car today and they light up the road pretty good now, but since lights are a lot brighter than stock I can see little spots on the road coming from the headlights now. They are a bit crooked too.

So is there any way to make those bright spots spread out more, so they will light up the road a bit better?

Also, how do you adjust headlights? Some kind of screws there?

Last edited by OdessitPashka; 07-22-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

anyone??
Old 07-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

As for adjusting the headlights... there are some funny looking screws (kind of like a very multi-pointed star) on the top of the assembly. Just park your car close to a garage door, or a building, or something... turn on the lights, and use a flathead screwdriver to bring them to the same height.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Launching!

did your kit just allow you to put a D2S or D2R bulb in the stock headlight housing? If so first you are the person i want to kick, second you will never get as high quality light output that you could get, if you had went with a true HID projector setup.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ewilborn
As for adjusting the headlights... there are some funny looking screws (kind of like a very multi-pointed star) on the top of the assembly. Just park your car close to a garage door, or a building, or something... turn on the lights, and use a flathead screwdriver to bring them to the same height.
Thanks, I'm gonna try doing it tonight when it gets dark.

did your kit just allow you to put a D2S or D2R bulb in the stock headlight housing? If so first you are the person i want to kick, second you will never get as high quality light output that you could get, if you had went with a true HID projector setup.
d2s d2r? what the hell does that mean?

I have a 99 tiburon with projector headlights, and it so happens that it has the same size bulbs as camaro, 9006. So, I just got it out and put it into my Z. I mean it was free basically, so why not?

Maybe one day I'll go with true projector setup, but for now I'll stick to what I have for free. Some acuras and nissans have HIDs, but they have regular headlights, and it works just fine
Old 07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
Thanks, I'm gonna try doing it tonight when it gets dark.

d2s d2r? what the hell does that mean?

I have a 99 tiburon with projector headlights, and it so happens that it has the same size bulbs as camaro, 9006. So, I just got it out and put it into my Z. I mean it was free basically, so why not?

Maybe one day I'll go with true projector setup, but for now I'll stick to what I have for free. Some acuras and nissans have HIDs, but they have regular headlights, and it works just fine

I have been thinking about that lately so its funny that you actually did it. I have been wanting to find HIDs out of another car and mod them to go in mine. The camaro headlights just dont have that flood light look where you cover the whole road and then some with total brightness.

Quick Reply: Problem with my headlights. Please help.