Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax dual inlet/dual outlet internal construction

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomax dual inlet/dual outlet internal construction

I am considering purchasing this Dynomax UltraFlo Dual 2.5" Inlet / Dual 2.5" Outlet muffler from Summit. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...7&autoview=sku

Does anyone here know if it is merged internally and acts somewhat like an X-pipe? Will this flow as much as two individual dynomax ultra flo's? Is there anyone on the forum here who is using a set-up like this with good results?

~Bob
Old 07-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

I had thought about doing that with my car, just before the pipe goes over the axle. But there just ain't enough room to put one under there without molesting your floorboard with a large blunt object.

I'm looking to do a "OEM" true dual getup... as in, find another 2 3/4" I-pipe, tie it in with the Y on the car, run it alongside the existing pipe over the axle, into a GMMG-type setup(I don't have $700, so it'll have to be "custom") that uses two bullets. That might be an idea for you to look at.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Is it the thickness of the muffler that is a problem? I know I have vertical and horizontal space for it under my car, but 4.5" does seem pretty thick. I'll have to measure it out and see.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 07-22-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

It's basically a big box inside that muffler. There are two perf tubes running parallel to each other in a "glass" packed case. It won't exactly act like a X-pipe either...probably more similar to a Y-pipe and single exhaust with two tips.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

I see. Thank you for clearing it up. I think I will be using this muffler if I can get it to fit.

~Bob
Old 07-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

If this is goin on your RX-7, then I'm clueless as to if it'll fit or not. But if you have an F-body it's goin on, then you've probably got about a 7" wide useable channel along the driveshaft where you can tuck the dual pipes up out of harm's way. the 4.5" isn't the problem... the problem is in the 9.75" width.

But if you're doin it to the Mazduh(sorry, had to.), just check underneath it and find a place to fit it. Good luck, dude.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

You want a magnaflow with the tru x core... Not that muffler. A regular magna will be ok too but the tru-x will function the most like an x pipe.. the others will equalizer pressure too....