Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2002 10 spokes into 35th anni wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 10 spokes into 35th anni wheels??

i might be able to get my hands on some cheap 2002 10 spoke wheels (silver not chrome).

i'm wondering if i should get them and powdercoat the insides black (i have a friend with a powdercoating business so he'll cut me a deal).

has anyone ever heard of someone doing this?

also how would i go about making the wheels "machine faced"?

any info is appreciated

i know some people would say i should just get the 35th anni wheels and not waste my time... but the guy is desperate to sell the wheels (a deal i cant pass up), and i can get the powdercoating work done for a fraction of the cost too. i just want to know if it would turn out the same.

thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:07 AM
NKAWTG...N

sell the wheels your getting for an amazing deal, and then buy 35th le wheels. or have the wheels ure getting powdercoated black and sell them for even more money, and then buy 35th le wheels.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

do this:
buy the 10 spokes, get the insides painted black, dont worry about the machine faced part, then buy my 35th le rims and give me ur 10 spokes in the deal
Old 07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

GM Parts Direct has the 35th L.E. complete set (4 wheels, lugs, covers,etc.) for a little over $600 (not including shipping). I don't know what kind of "deals" you're getting on the wheels and powder coating but, you'd still have to buy the matching center caps and lug covers. Why don't you experiment a little? Try stripping and polishing the silver 10-spokes and then let your friend powder coat the recesses Black (or even a Charcoal Gray) and get the chrome lug covers. Creat something new! Then, if you don't like 'em, sell 'em to somebody who does (obviously for more money) and go buy the 35th wheels.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i used to be in love with the 35th wheels, although i'm not so sure now. Definitely a unique look, and i like that idea ^^^^^^^

I'm thinking about getting the regular 10 spoke SS wheels (the ones that sort of resemble Z06s, but are plainer and painted) and doing something different with them. sure are cheaper than 35ths, the same site carries them for $400 w/o shipping.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the input guys

i like animalSS's idea...i defintely wanna experiment with this. i enjoy a good little project, lol. i think he hit the nail on the head with his post

i picked up the wheels for $250 for all 4...clean wheels with no damage...the guy was just desperate to sell, so i snacthed up the deal. i also have a good friend that does powdercoating and he'll cut me a deal too.

Quick Reply: 2002 10 spokes into 35th anni wheels??