PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Alarm system is preventing my car to start!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Alarm system is preventing my car to start!

BE ADVISED: When I say "alarm didnt go off" I mean it didnt make a sound, and vice-versa

So me and my buddies were partying over at our friend Brian's house the other night (Brian is an avid poster at ls1.com), got really trashed, it was great Did the right thing, called my girlfriend to come pick me up and went home. Now keep in mind, my car hasn't been touched with or moved or anything, since I parked it when we first arrived.

Well, this morning I call Brian to see what's up and tell him i'm coming to pick up my car in a few. He informed me that he went to go start it, and it wouldn't start. He tried a few more times, and still, it would not start. He let the car sit for 10 minutes and tried starting it again, and it started, with the security light still blinking but would stop soon thereafter initial start up. That's exactly how it has been with me though. I hop in, start the car, and the SES light stays on for a split second and goes out, and the security light blinks a time or two more and goes out.

Here's a potential kick to it, however. Me and my step-dad took a 4 1/2 hour trip one-way to pick this thing up and noticed the f*kn driver's side keyfob didn't work for the factory lock key. So we had to unlock it from the passenger's side. It really p!ssed me off, them not telling me this, and having driven all this way expecting to find a really nice hawk to get But whatever. The alarm didn't go off, but I never thought anything of it.

Well, I didn't happen to notice until later on that day after driven back all that way, locking the car and going to unlock it yet again from the passenger side , the alarm went off. That's how it is tho, because when you lock it, and go back to unlock it with your key, and actually open the door from the driver's side you only have 5 or 6 seconds to put the key in the ignition and turn it to the run position, before the alarm goes off. On the passenger side, when you open the door after unlocking it, it immediately goes off. I didn't think about this at the time of purchase Here's another twist. Sometimes, when u locked the car and got out, the lights would blink. Sometimes they wouldn't. When they did, the alarm was armed. When they didn't, it wasn't armed. This explains why it never went off at the dealership, because when they locked it, they made sure the lights didnt blink.

So getting back to the story, Brian told me he moved it, shut it off and it didn't start back up again. He removed the battery cable for 5 minutes, put it back on, and the car still wouldn't start. I went over there today and tried the same thing, with nothing. I noticed upon re-screwing in the negative battery cable, a bunch of clinking noises around the fuse boxes. I went to get back in the car, and both doors were locked WTF! Unlock it from the passenger side and the alarm didnt go off, thank god. Try to start it and nothing. F'ed with it some more and left the driver's side door open the whole time, and still nothing. Then I locked the car, shut it (did this twice before the lights would blink), unlocked it from the pass side, opened the door, the alarm started going off, went to turn the key to the run position and it wouldn't stop! So I had to pop the hood and turn the battery cable till it was completely off. Upon unscrewing the cable, the car would intermittently lose power (of course), and each time it regained power the horn would keep beeping and lights would flash, so the alarm kept coming on with power

I rest at this, a very P!SSED 0FF LS1 owner! Somebody please give me a lead or something without actually having to do what I never thought I'd have to do one day... take it to a GM technician I don't exactly have the time or money to fool around with something like this. Is there anybody with anything out there? Now I can't even hook power back up to the car to scan it Any help would be appreciated

~Jon
Old 07-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Brian hooked up his computer and got my alarm to stop going off, but wouldn't read any faulty codes to the car. Nothing is coming up. The car just flat out wont start. Nothing. Almost like it has a dead battery This really sucks especially with it being my only transportation!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Teching In

nobody???