Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to have a lowered z with duals towed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best way to have a lowered z with duals towed?

Last year, I had a rocker arm break in the middle of who knows where and I had to call AAA. At the time I had a borla and the car was lowered. I requested a flat bed, but a tow truck pulled up. I told the man that there is no way that the car could be towed due to its lowered stance. He ended up using a tow dolly in the back with the car lifted in the front. I did not like the way the car swayed as it was being pulled, but I was stranded.

I had a thought the other day. With the duals, a tow dolly would not work in the back if I needed a tow.

What is the proper way to tow a car like mine? Wouldn't it scrape if being pulled up onto a flat bed?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say flat bed is the only way to go. The driver will use blocks to get your car a little higher to get your car on his ramp. A good driver will get it on without scrapping
Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car took a crap on me while on a dyno and I had to have it towed back to the shop that was working on it. So I called AAA.... to make a long story short, I waited 3.5 hours until having someone else tow it. The next day I wanted it towed home. Then they wanted me to sign off for all liability while they tried to put it on the truck and tow it to my house... uhh bullshit. The guy wouldn't tow it b/c I wouldn't sign my name saying if they got in a wreck with my car that I was still responsible for it. I don't have too many kind words for AAA.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly don't know if it's possible. I had a guy tow my car once and he barely scrapped the front end. You couldn't see any damage. Even look under the car. He spent like 15 minutes try to get it perfect so it wouldn't scrape.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Definately a flat bed and boards to keep it from draging *** or nose. I used several boards stacked so that you can move them as the car rolls and keep a good distance between the car and ground.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

i agree a flat bed is the way to go.if they use 4x4 pieces of wood in the front and rear when pulling it up thier shoud be no problem.had mine done that way a couple of times