Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

accessory power?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default accessory power?

Hey fellas, i'm wiring a buncha stuff into my car and i need to find the easiest place to get accessory power, like power when the key is on. What i'm going to do is wire a relay into the cigarrette lighter adapter so that my radar detector doesn't drain my battery and buzz like a madman when i'm in grocery store parking lots. Also, i need an acc power for the power supply for the computer i'm putting in my car.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

ign is pink, acc you can use a brown or orange(12ga). Your going to have to pull
panel down under column. I think two phillips and one 7mm. Wires will be found coming down column.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

This may help
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=10
Old 07-29-2005, 01:49 AM
12 Second Club

if you just want to do the radar, Id just use a relay and tap into existing wires. If you want to put more things on on the ACC, Id run a new fused wire to use.
If you search, I had a post about this. Basically I ran a new wire fron the pos fuse box terminal into the dash, put a relay that turns on with the ACC, and wired a junction terminal thing for the output, so when I need ACC power for a device, I just put the wire in one of the junction terminal spots and screw in the screw. I dont have any pics right now, but if you find my thread you should see what Im talking about. I also put another junction thing for 12v and for ground. It made hooking up electric stuff extremely easy, and its safer because its a seperate wire with its own fuse.