Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Can I fit a ported box for a XXX in my WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I fit a ported box for a XXX in my WS6?

Hey guys. I have a 1998 Trans Am WS6. Right now i have a 12 inch RE XXX in a 1 cube sealed box, i wanna go ported. I would like to build (or have built) a 2.1 net cubic ft box tuned to 32hz, probably using aero ports. But the space is so small, the space in between the t-top holders is way too small lengthwise, and the space above them utilizing the whole length of the trunk is long enough, but is only a foot deep, so i dunno what to do? I just want a standard MDF box, no fiberglass or anything. Thanks guys!!!

Last edited by LS1Pimp; 07-29-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Remove the T-top holders and there is more than 2.1cuft available. I am building a 1.5cuft box right now and it is only 22" wide. Anyway to answer your question yes you do have enough volume there. The box I am making has a slot in the front to store t-tops also. I have an aeroport on it also that is 3x14 and it fits.

Brian
Old 07-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Remove the T-top holders and there is more than 2.1cuft available. I am building a 1.5cuft box right now and it is only 22" wide. Anyway to answer your question yes you do have enough volume there. The box I am making has a slot in the front to store t-tops also. I have an aeroport on it also that is 3x14 and it fits.

Brian
No way!!!! I didn't know you can remove the T-top holders? That solves everything!!! How do i remove the t-top holders, is another question? Also, the box would actually have to be more along the size of 2.5 cubes, it needs to be 2.1 cubes after sub/port displacement.