Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous tune

Hey, i did some searching and came up with nothing so far. I dont know a lot about nitrous so bear with me if these are stupid questions. My car is a 98 WS6 A4, mods in the sig. I am looking to run a 100 shot from what i have been reading if it is 100 or less a dry kit will do the trick and i'll not need to upgrade the injectors/pump. I know i need to run colder plugs but what about timing. I've heard that just letting the computer take care of it is fine but i cant find i real answer. Do the kits come with something to retard the timing or do i need to get a dyno tune with ls1 edit or something. I am not currently running any tune so my timing is stock. Also any recommendation on a good starter kit would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-31-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

A 100 shot will work fine with the stock tune, no adjustments should be needed. If you want to go dry the NOS 5177 is a great set up for begginers. I started with it and was pretty happy with it.

However, if I only had a dime for evertime someone said they where going to keep the jettings at a 100 shot. If you want a kit that is easier to grow with I would go wet. I've always felt it's easier to set a car up for a wet 150+ shot than a dry 150 shot. All you would really need to add is a fuel pump. Some people get away with the stock timing and a 150 shot but I really wouldn't reccomend that on pump gas.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

a tune will always help.
run safer plus more horse.
it's in the timing and amount of fuel dumpet at wot.
dry shots you are faily safe round 100 above that i'd say fuel pump
most definetly a tune.
a good shop will always help you out