Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need paint help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need paint help.

Hey guys, my Camaro was involved in an accident back in March and the front bumper cover had to be replaced. The insurance company wouldn't pay for a new bumper cover so they got a used one and repainted it. The body shop that did the work though did a shitty job with the paint and it has pretty bad orange peel and some spidering near the headlights. I plan on sanding it down starting with 800 grit and working my way to 1500 or 2000 grit and the buffing it with some 3M scratch remover to get rid of the orange peel, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the spidering? I'd like to be able to do it without re-painting the bumper. I told the body shop that I wasn't happy with it and they wet sanded it and re-cleared it but it still looks like crap. If anyone has any suggestions, please post up. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw that man, I'd say either fix it right, or pay for me to take it somewhere else. That is BS.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JackZ28
Screw that man, I'd say either fix it right, or pay for me to take it somewhere else. That is BS.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Well I had Farmers Insurance at the time and wanted to take it to another shop but they wouldn't let me so I took it to this place and thats the service I got. Then they wanted to up my rate from $365 a month to almost $650. So I changed to Progressive and got better coverage and for only $283 a month. But, I'm done dealing with Farmers cuz they aren't going to do anything else about it and I told the owner of the body shop that I could have done a better job if I was drunk and stoned.

If anybody else has suggestions tho, post up please, I want to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01CamaroV6
Well I had Farmers Insurance at the time and wanted to take it to another shop but they wouldn't let me so I took it to this place and thats the service I got. Then they wanted to up my rate from $365 a month to almost $650. So I changed to Progressive and got better coverage and for only $283 a month. But, I'm done dealing with Farmers cuz they aren't going to do anything else about it and I told the owner of the body shop that I could have done a better job if I was drunk and stoned.

If anybody else has suggestions tho, post up please, I want to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Progressive is the worst insurance to have. You think you got screwed by Farmers, well wait till you need to use Progressive. (That's why they are soooo cheap) Our shop refuses most Progressive claims.
In Texas you have the right to take your vehicle to any shop of your choice.

sorry about your car, your best bet was to never accept the car if you were not happy with it.

Quick Reply: Need paint help.