Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp lid problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slp lid problems?

I just got my slp lid in the mail today. I bought the slp lid because people on the boards have said the lid fits really good. When I was putting it in my car I had tough time getting it to sit on the lower half of the air box. It took some pushing but I got the thing on and seated correctly. Did anyone else have a problem like this?
Also the neck of the lid also seemed to sit on the back half (closest to the engine) of the radiator shroud. This worries me because I am thinking that the air will be picking up heat from the radiator. Other than these "problems", the lid looks great and the car seams to pull a little harder in the upper rpm range. Now that it is under the hood I wish I would of done this sooner.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can say the lid dose take a bit to get it to fit just wright. I had to trim my smooth bellows to get to move back a bit to engauge the tabs. But after that it was no problem, and worked great. As for being close to the shroud no problems there, just make sure the tabs are locked in in the back, and you will be fine. When I was NA I too noticed a increase with this lid, enjoy.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Thnanks for the quick response Hawk. Now how do I get this thread moved,I just realized I posted it in the wrong section. Go me.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I had a time getting my lid to fit right. Then when I get my Smooth Bellows I had a whole another fight. I had to trim them a bunch.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

I had to remove/sand some material from the bottom of the cone part to get the tabs to fit right as well as keep the hood from touching the top of the lid.