Sponsored by:

So I broke down

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I broke down

I'm going to order my nitrous setup, My car is being rebuilt from a wreck, getting a brand new motor, it's a 98 camaro SS - m6

I plan on going with a 150 shot from NX, but I was looking into dual stage, or progressive

am I understanding that progressive starts with a low shot and increases as your speed increases?

and dual stage is 1 small hit, then when you hit a certain speed another hit as a short burst?

Fill me in, thanks.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like you are on the right track.I use to prefer the dual stages but since NX has released the maximizers I prefer running one stage and a controller.It is so much easer.
Dave
Old 08-10-2005, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Have to agree with Dave. I used to like multiple stages, but with the capabilities of the maximizer there is no need for them.

MasterCraft- You have the right idea about the progressive controller. The Maximizer allows you to control every aspect of the hp on a nitrous system. You can go to www.fjoracing.com and download the program for the Maximizer II and see for you self how much control it give you over the nitrous system. IMHO it is by far the best accessory for any nitrous system.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Am I at a high risk using a 150 shot (either dual stage or progressive) on a high milage motor?

I've heard that direct port setups are the safest so thats probably what ill go with but I want to be safe regardless of whatever kit I go with ,or safest can be I suppose.

I'm going to buy quality components, (probably NX everything except for a nitrous gauges for inside, which will be autometer cobalts (to match my tach)

I just want the power boost with as minimal risk as possible so I'm doing my research having never used nitrous before
Old 08-10-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

the progressive controller will probably help reduce the lean spike normally seen with big shots so you should be o.k. how many miles does it have ?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slow trap
the progressive controller will probably help reduce the lean spike normally seen with big shots so you should be o.k. how many miles does it have ?
106k.

edit: also, what extra components do I need for the progessive shot? I plan on doing the install myself and having it tuned to run it. any recomendations for a 150 shot kit thats going progessive?
Old 08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

call nitro dave .i reccomend the nx maf kit or tnt,both wet of course.