Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech Mufflers

I will be taking my WS6 to an exhaust shop to get a TD system on. I'm planning on going with 3" exhuast from the cats and 2.5" over the axle. I know this will be a tight fit but I hope they can do it. Now as for the choice of mufflers, they said they recommended Vortech mufflers. I've never heard of the Vortech Muffler company. Any of you guys heard of them? They had a '70 SS 454 Chevelle at the shop that had 3" exhaust with these Vortech mufflers and it sounded decent -- really low and deep. The guy said they flow better than Flowmasters (which isn't that hard ). I wanted Flowtech Sweet Thunders but the guy said they don't carry them. So should I go with the unknown Vortech mufflers? Also what do you guys think about the balance pipe? I'm thinking about the "H" pipe instead of the "X" pipe. I've heard that the "H" setup sounds better but doesn't create as much HP as the "X". Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't find anything on Google, never heard of them either. Maybe you should just order your own mufflers, and then let them install for you.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

they want you to buy them becasue they sell them. Its liek going to a ford dealership and asking about a camaro....they'll tell you to buy a mustang because that is what they sell. I've heard of them at mienieke...but they are cheap mufflers. Why not just bring your own mufflers?