Tranny Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tranny Question

MODS are in SIG

Ok...
I notice when car is HOT around 180 degrees which includes my tranny cooler w gauge, leaving a stop sign as the car is in first it revs higher around 2100 before shifting HARD into 2nd. When car is cooler it shifts out of first smoother. Also when I am backing up and putting the car into OD again SHIFTS HARD (car lunges forward)....I do not have a stall yet and im stupid for not...however it is on the way....SO whats going on?? car has about 67,000 miles on it. Is this just the POS 4l60e?? Is my tranny going out?? Ive also heard the tranny does this in order to cool it down?? HELP ME OUT HERE
Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did a search and I understand lots of people are having this problem, yet no one knows the answer?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

may have an answer for you,,,, the 1-2 and 3-4 servos inside the transmission start heating up and stick,, causing the shifting problems,, mine only does it when the motor is warm,, and on hot days,, it starts doing it sooner,, i am taking it in to the dealership in a couple of days,, i will post something when i get it back... Don't worry,, if that is the only problem,, it is not expensive to fix
Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

TransAM_00
seems to make sense...I just emailed Century Transmission a few hours ago, hopefully they will respond with something worth hearing... But your explination sounds decent. I notice the shifting problems on really hot days as well...living in Texas doesnt help either!
I can be reached at jmsmitty16@yahoo.com if you find out any more details
Thanks