Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

4/7 Swap Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4/7 Swap Cam?

Most companies are selling these cams now and they always advertise they run smoother and make more power. I never notice any milder versions of these cams. I also never ever see them in any street cars. I haven't even seen a test in a hot rod or superchevy! Whats the deal with these cams? Are they purpose built race cams only? Do they work?

I haven't seen any comparisons between the asymetrical cams like the lunati voodoo cams verse conventional cams either. I was kind of curious about how well these work. I just like reading up on this crap.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:17 AM
TECH Addict

i've got one in my street/ strip car.the 4/7 swap supposed to help with harmonics & run a tad smoother.they claim more power but since i changed cams my motor isn't the same as it was but i'd say 10 hp tops over a regular cam.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

if u want a super smooth running firing order, go with an ls1 firing order. better upper rpm stability and the engine will run sooo much smoother.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

I wasn't really interested in doing a fire order swap for my car, i was just intersted to see how they work. I heard of the LS1 firing order too, cool stuff. Suprised i dont see more of this on type of stuff. Besides my engine runs like butter already thanks to my vintage 73 truck cam! I took that baby way past the limit to a crazy 5500 RPM. Thats the highest i ever took that Red Dragon. It sounded like a damn top fuel racer.

Last edited by jarediocamaro; 08-19-2005 at 11:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 4/7 Swap Cam?