Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think- 11's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think- 11's?

Hi all- first off I have read all of the stickys and many many posts. I am curious to see if anyone has an opinion on my proposed setup. This is my first LS1/f-body build so I would like some experienced advice.
I have an '02 WS6, M6; it now has an SLP lid, bellows, QTP cutout on Hooker catback, hotchkis sway bars and strut tower, edelbrock LCA's. So my goal is to break into 11 second quarter mile times (safe and legal) with a perfectly streetable car that I can drive down the highway. Of course I want it built tough and done right the first time so I am going to tear apart most of the car to do it all at once. Here is a list of the mods that I am planning on- let me know what you think.
Heads and Cam Package 12226 SLP/AFR
225cc, 62cc CC, loaded
590/236 112 degrees
Underdrive Pulley 100221 SLP
Timing Chain, double roller 55000 SLP
Chrome Moly Pushrods 53106 SLP
160 degree Thermostat 100223 SLP
Roller Rocker Ams YT6624 Yella Terra
Z06 Maf Conversion Kit SLP23062 SLP
Long Tube Headers PS72C2255 Pacesetter
Y-pipe package PC-PKG Pacesetter
Taylor Thundervolt wires TAY98003 Taylor
NGK TR-55 Spark Plugs NGKTR55 NGK
Ported throttle body
Bilstein Shocks/eibach
springs 70002 Bilstein/Eibach
Subframe Connectors 70802 SLP
Torque Arm TA001 BMR
Torque Arm Rel Bracket TCC006 BMR
A-arms, tubular AA003 BMR
Control arm bracket SP210-m Spohn
Panhard Bar PHR-002 BMR
Driveshaft Loop DSL001 BMR

Moser 9" Moser
6 point weld in roll bar FWOL230 Wolfe
5 point harness 298-19-23-CWA Wolfe
Line Lock 25000 SLP
Wilwood Front Brakes WIL140-7763D Wilwood
Wilwood Rear Brakes WIL140-6744D Wilwood
Brake Hoses, stainless Wilwood
Some big *** slicks

About the only thing this doesn't cover is a new clutch. I plan to run my until it gives out because I believe that it can take it. It looks like the budget will be about 13.5 to 14k plus shipping and misc. So tell me what you think...
Old 08-18-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont want you to do what ya dont wanna do BUT forced induction would get you there for alot less. You could spend 13.5-14k and get all the suspension **** needed, LCA's PHR rearend clutch swaybar, adn get a forged engine adn a Turbo setup and go 9's with some pratice. Only goin 11's, even if its 11.00, isnt good for 13.5k.
BUT if you wanna go the way you are lookin to go then i dont think that pacesetter is a good route for exhaust. I have no experience with them in domestic cars but in my DSM they sold me a header for the turbo and the weld broke inside destroyin teh blades on teh exhaust side and they didnt care or do anythign to rectify the situation. Not even a new header. GL though

John
Old 08-18-2005, 01:42 AM
10 Second Club

Well you can go 11's with alot less stuff than that.. Just a simple head/cam package with a good clutch and 12-bolt or 9in rear end would put you into the 11's with ease. There is no need to buy all of that stuff you have listed.. There are 9 sec cars that don't have all of that ****..

I wouldnt use those shocks or springs if you are gonna spend that kind of money.. And I'd buy a better set of headers if you are gonna spend that kinda money.. Pacesetters are damn good for the money, but if you want the best you should get Kooks or QTP.. And those AFR 62cc heads are not even out yet.. That is a misprint.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Teching In

thanks for the insight- I was thinking about forced induction but I kinda what it NA. The reason for this is that I have driven turbo cars (not f-bodys) and I don't care for the lag. I want it to go right now. But then again, it may be different on the ls1 since it has some power to start with.
1quickTA- what do you think it should run? I also picked the pacesetters because I have read that they clear better. And what about the shocks/springs?
Thanks for your time!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by misterfnygy
thanks for the insight- I was thinking about forced induction but I kinda what it NA. The reason for this is that I have driven turbo cars (not f-bodys) and I don't care for the lag. I want it to go right now. But then again, it may be different on the ls1 since it has some power to start with.
1quickTA- what do you think it should run? I also picked the pacesetters because I have read that they clear better. And what about the shocks/springs?
Thanks for your time!!!
The turbo cars you have driven must have been smaller displacement. With the larger displacement of an ls1, turbo lag is not really much of an issue.

Mark