Water in gas question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water in gas question

If you have gotten bad gas with water in it, how long did it take for the car to start running like crap ? I put filled up in Centerville on the way back to Houston and put about 6 gallons in, and when I got into the Woodlands, the car started to miss out slightly. By the time I pulled over, it would not even idle and would stay running only when you kept it revved. Would it normally take a while for the bad gas to dilute the rest of it ?

Thanks,
Ernest
Old 08-22-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

You'd think for the price of gas, you would be getting some top quality fuel.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rayosequis
If you have gotten bad gas with water in it, how long did it take for the car to start running like crap ? I put filled up in Centerville on the way back to Houston and put about 6 gallons in, and when I got into the Woodlands, the car started to miss out slightly. By the time I pulled over, it would not even idle and would stay running only when you kept it revved. Would it normally take a while for the bad gas to dilute the rest of it ?

Thanks,
Ernest
If you filled up and only put six gallons in, I don't think that gas is the problem.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

I had a bad tank of gas in my old 93 LT1 and it took the car maybe about a quarter mile before it started idling funny and then just shut down completely, although that was on a full fill up. If u got bad gas it shouldn't take long for the car to start sputtering and then die. With that distance from where u filled up to where it died I don't think itss the gas
PS- don't ever buy conoco gas, its the devil!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, I appreciate it guys. I will have to look elsewhere for the problem, the plugs looked really fouled out, and when it was running, I know more than one cylinder wasn't firing.

Ernest