Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel setup for dual stage...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default fuel setup for dual stage...

alright, i searched and searched and I think i'm gonna be on the edge of safety with the fuel system, but want to get your guys thoughts on it.

i have a 382 ARE all bore that did about 460rwhp/440ft-lbs. That was a 10 bolt/6speed setup. It's now a 9" and TH350 setup. That was also with the 78mm LSX intake and it's an LS1 intake/stock tb/stock maf on it now(don't ask, haha), so from when i dynoed before in that configuration with the 6speed/10bolt it did 430rwhp.

for fueling i'm working with the Speed inc rails, 30lb SVO injectors and the 255 inline pump. On my TNT wet kit with the 100 shot, my fueling has been fine. I'm thinking of stepping up to a 150 shot and adding in a dry first stage. wanting to do a 100 shot dry.

so figure using the 530rwhp mark, and at a 90% (i know it should mostly be 80%), my calculations show that a 36lb injector would be the limit. With the 30lb SVO's basically being a 36lb injector at our fuel pressure, it looks like i'm "ok".

but then comes the fueling side for the wet shot. with just the inline. would i be better doing a dual intank and getting rid of the inline or keeping it and adding a intank? that latter being the easiest and most cost effective.

This really is for only one day of racing and then the car's getting parted out for the winter turbo project. which will be a whole different animal needing all new lines/pumps/injectors/etc...

thanks guys for any suggestions. kinda in the researching stages making sure i can get that NX dual window switch and seeing how much timing i may need to pull out on the 110 gas.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can push a single in tank Racetronix kit to right around 650 RWHP with a FRM FPR and a return line back to the tank (and around 600 RWHP without a FRM FPR). Another option would be a stand alone fuel system. We have the Racetronix kits in stock and just announced a new progressive controller with dual or triple stage support.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-06-2005, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the down side.You only need it for one day of racing.I woulkd suggest our stand alone system which would be great.However since you are going turbo.I would not even waist my money on it or the race tronix system.You should just go ahead and buy the fuel system for the turbo set up and use it.Unless you want to do this twice.
Dave
Old 09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

that's the killer part, hahaha.

know what's funny, is i NEVER even thought about that part of it. buying the fuel system for the turbo kit. HAHA. i knew i wrote on here for a reason

Chris
Old 09-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow if you need to spend your money so badly, just pm me for my email and you can put it in my paypal account. problem solved.

Nate
Old 09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

hahaha.

i was mostly doing it just to see what i COULD get by with if i decided that route. since the car would be completely redone/restored over winter, i just hate having to run fuel lines and such to only take them apart later and maybe clean up the "install".