Sponsored by:

How long will the A4 last?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long will the A4 last?

Ok, here's my situation...

My mods will be pacesetter LTs, y pipe, ravin exhaust, HP tuned, patriot heads, 224 cam, 3500 stall, slp lid, ported maf, slp air, kn filter on a 2000 ws6. My question is... would my stock a4 and rear end handle this setup just for normal driving until I can get the stage 3 transmission and the moser put in it? How long? Would it handle any hard driving? Could I safely put it on a dyno?

Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-08-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

it should be okay......then again it could blow up tomorrow..never know
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the rear should be perfectly fine and the tranni it all depends on miles, how hard you drive it and sometimes just dumb luck. mine had 93,000 on it when i put my cam in and it started slipping and hitting the rev limiter right away. if you do not have any symptom like slipping or bounce off rev limit and it is shifter where it should than it should be fine for a bit.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Launching!

I have pretty much the same setup as you. Make sure that you install a tranny cooler and a TA or after market rearend cover that are much stronger than the stock ones. the TA rearend cover that I have is strong as hell with fill and drain plugs build in and has two bold that push down into the posi trac house to keep it in place and less movement and vibrations. two part together cost around $200 well worth the money and time, try to do it ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

My thoughts exactly, tranny cooler and rearend cover. Your rearend will be fine but make sure the line pressure on your tranny hasn't been messed with. If the re-tuning involved uping the line pressure your playing with fire.