Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rx7 vs GSXR

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx7 vs GSXR

I was driving down the highway texting my GF on my phone when I notice a motorcycle merging onto the highway a few cars in front of me. After quickly finnishing my text i proceed to accelerate past the other cars pace the bike for a few seconds at about 70mph(trying to figure out what it was) all I could notice at this point was the "GSXR" the driver then looks over and gives a frienldy smile( no helmet )

I then downshifted from 5th to 4th then to 3rd. No cars in front of us as far as the eye can see. Then i noticed him reching for his clutch lever( not sure what you call it) and he downshifts I begin brake boosting(11-12 psi) and I wait to see if he jumps first(I have no horn to honk). It sounded like he slowly ,and steadily layed into the gas rather than just punching it. bbbbaaaAAAHHHH!!!!!!! the race is ON!

When he fully opened the throttle his front wheel pulled about a foot in front of my bumper. Redline in 3rd is coming fast and I wrap it out to 8k. at this point i'm a little suprised i'm still with him. Then I hear him bounce off the rev limiter a few times and he falls back to my door With my foot still welded to the floor i actually "inched" him out about another foot. And as I was aproaching 140 he lets out while he is still just behind my passanger door. We both slow down to the speed limit and when he rolls back up to my window he nods and I return the gesture then he continues on his way. I paced him for a few more seconds untill I could see the number 1000 on the rear section of the bike. Needless to say I was very suprised and excited about the outcome of the race

Now before the BS flags start popping up left and right I'd like to be the first to admit I should have got my a$$ waxed bad. The only reasons I can think of that would would explain the outcome are he was a 220-30 lbs (at least) noob that started in the wrong gear. And he just wasn't experienced at racing? it deffinatley wasn't a "new" bike, which to my understanding are a lot faster than the older ones (pre 2000). And i'm sure bouncing off the rev limiter didn't help him. Or maybe he just put a 1000 sticker over his 600-750? I'm not very familiar with bikes so the only way I can tell what they are is by what it says on the bike

can anyone tell me how bad "should" have been pulled?

Oh yea my mods are:
stock twins
Efini y-pipe
Intake
DP, MP, CB
PFS SMIC
PFC w/ commander
tuned at Gotham by Steve Kan to 13psi (and after the race i looked at my Profec and noticed I creeped up to about 13.6 i think about 96 %IDC)

I'm not trying to say I can take out liter bikes or anything (just weak riders i guess lol) so please don't think I'm coming off as cocky.

Thanx for reading!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was my origional post on the rx7 forum. i have since found out and posted...

Well I just heard from a member on a local board that knows the guy. He wasn't a squid, he was SERIOUSLY sandbaging. She said he only downshifted to 5TH GEAR instead of second. Talk about being owned lol. No biggy it was still fun none the less. I'm currently trying to find out what year the bike was.
stay tuned...