Sponsored by:

ok think I F'ed up, tranny/verter install question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ok think I F'ed up, tranny/verter install question

Ok,
I didnt think about this till just now, I put hte converter on the tranny and bolted the tranny to the motor without attaching the verter, and now it is all in the car, can I turn everything without messing it up?

I know I can spin the motor, can I move the verter around, i tried to and it didnt want to move, so I stoped, but I have the question now can I do it?

Since the trannies are electronically controlled can I shift it into neutral and will it allow me to spin everything or do I need to rip it all out and start over again????

this may be dumb, Ive done a few th400s in these cars, but I enver tried a 4l80e and was just doing it as I had done the others and its not going as easily

thanks
ed
firebird455@gmail.com
Old 09-17-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I believe what your saying is you just need to bolt the converter to the flexplate. You can put the tranny into neutral mechanically by just twisting the shift linkage one click back. You can access the bolt holes at the starter location just turn the motor over with a breaker bar on the crank bolt. I put all the bolts in finger tight before tightening them up with some torque. You should a small gap between the converter and flexplate initially and be able to rotate the converter freely in neutral.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

awsome, thats what I thought I just need to go out and do it now, there goes my excuse for not getting it done
Old 09-17-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let me know how it works out for you. Took me a week to get all the fittings for the cooler and shifter how I wanted them.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Ill do my best to get back to ya on that