Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous newbie here....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default nitrous newbie here....

i'm new to nitrous and am really considering adding it to my Z. i was wanting nitrous simply bc its power when you want it, and it wont eat up gas mileage like other power adders do bc i can choose not to use it whenever. my dad bought me the car for graduation this year and says that if i do follow through with N20 and its screws up and messes the motor up, i'll be dead meat (hafta sell the car and buy my own, which will force me to quit sports and get a job). what kit do you guys recommend (safest and easiest to use, easy to install, little to no room for error)? from what ive researched, it seems that the Zex 75-125 dry kit is by far the easiest to install, and reviews show it to be very safe. i'd like ya'lls take on this, and if you dont agree, what kit would be best for my needs?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm'd you
Old 09-20-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't had any first hand experiance with zex but I've heard about too many problems with there kit. I had to say it but the "Search" button is the second best asset on this site(first being all the knowlege from the members). Your car's a 6 speed so I would DEFINITLY get a window switch. I prefer wet kits my self but everyone here has different options on that.

Window Switch -This will allow you to safely activate the nitrous at 3000 RPM or higher and shut it off right before you shift. Also if you misshift it will save you from blowing up your motor. Makes wiring a little bit more tricky but it shouldn't be considered on option on an M6 car.

At the top of the Nirous section there is a FAQ, it will expalian alot about the different options and Safety features that you should look into. As for brands. I like NOS, and NX seems to be a favorite here for wet kits. Good luck and don't get cheap on the window switch or other safety options.

-William
Old 09-20-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search on the NOS 5177 dry kit. Easy, safe, complete and affordable. I have been stating this for years on a few sites, "finding someone who has hurt their motor running the 5177 would be pretty hard". There haven't been any responses stating otherwise. I am totally un-biased and have no connection with any n2o company. Some of the site vendors have nice dry kits but do not use redundant n2o noids for safety, otherwise they would have my rec. Nitro Dave does sell the 5177.
Robert
Old 09-20-2005, 03:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another vote for the 5177
Old 09-20-2005, 06:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You will not find a better deal as the Dynotune wet kit is even on sale!
Email us for the best prices on the web on all the other parts you might need.
Comapre kit to kit and shop wisely, they are all not equal in quality...We even give a 16 foot main feedline so it will actually reach the engine
Checkout our video http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...ideo_150hp.wmv
This kit is on sale for $379 !!!
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store..._kit_large.JPG
www.dynotunenitrous.com

Cheers
Dan