Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sluggish from time to time

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default sluggish from time to time

do some of your cars just seem sluggish from time to time, and other times it feels like it is pulling pretty hard?? or is it just me? sometimes i swear it is not making any power but other times it impresses me, what do you guys think causes that?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
do some of your cars just seem sluggish from time to time, and other times it feels like it is pulling pretty hard?? or is it just me? sometimes i swear it is not making any power but other times it impresses me, what do you guys think causes that?
Temperature change can effect power, is this power loss when its really hot out?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what your talking bout..

I posted a similar thread concerning this. I hope it's temperature
Old 09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I aggree with JD_AMG weather can effect horsepower.

Also I know some times my automatic will downshift to 2nd or 3rd gear when I stomp the gas pedal when im at a higher mph. And the car pushs really hard.

Other times it doesn't want to downshift untill i force a downshift and though I picking up mph really fast its not the same as when the car downshifts and takes off like a bullet.

Im assuming you have an auto aswell?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you talking about day to day changes or changes during the same drive? Because sometimes my car feels stronger or weaker on back-to-back WOT runs. My buddy's SS seems to do it too.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

i've noticed this as well......sometimes when I start off from a roll in 1st then floor it it spins the tires. other times from a roll it doesn't. who knows
Old 09-23-2005, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had this problem. If I did, it would just help me to mod more.. haha!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe its just because after time you get used to the WOT pull of the car and its seems slower. I know it happenes to me and that encourages me to mod so that I can have a new feeling of WOT that pulls harder each time.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

I notice this too, it doesnt necessarily seem directly related to weather, although it does seem to be more common that it pulls like a raped ape when its cooler out. For example last night I stomped on it from like a 10mph roll and spun the tires into 2nd, thats the first time its ever done that, it was very cool last night (plus i recently got a new lid) but a week or two ago it was real hot and i stomped on it a bit and it jumped alot harder than it normally does, I think the computer is just funky in these cars and does whatever the hell it feels like in an auto!
Old 09-23-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

For example last night I stomped on it from like a 10mph roll and spun the tires into 2nd
Also remember that when its cooler out the tires are not hot and sticky and therefor you will have less traction. When I drove my car last October it felt like a completly different machine the way it would rip up the tires every time I got on it in first and second. Now it does it even when its hot out thanks to teh stall.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Well either way it was freakin sweet and totally made my day!!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes it seems like my car wants to rev really fast, just tap the gas and its off. Other times it just seems kinda lazy. It's probably just our imagination...but I was also wondering if it could have to do with falso knock. Possibility??