PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to tuning...please steer me in the right direction.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to tuning...please steer me in the right direction.

Hey everyone. I have a 99 Z, and I added long tube headers and an off-road y-pipe, deleter my AIR and EGR, need to tune out my rear o2's, and also need to adjust for my newly added 3800 stall and 3.73 gears. What tuner can I use? I've heard of HP Tuners, but will Hypertech's Power Programmer also work? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can afford it, go with HP Tuners.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

The hypertech is VERY limited in what you can adjust. You can't delete any codes for AIR and EGR, delete rear O2's are anything like that.
All it will do as far as tuning is let you install Hypertech's "power programming" which is just a slightly more aggressive than stock tune.
Other than that, you can change shift points and shift firmness, adjust for the gear ratio, adjust speed limiter and RPM limiter, adjust fan settings for if you get a lower temp. thermo.
Like nassy said Hptuners if you can afford it.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hptunes & efilive are probably your two best tuning solutions right now...hpp wont do what you need.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Teching In

i have a 01 ls1 ss. l'm old school.the more l look into diagnostics & tuning the more confused i get.i'm in northeast philly and looking for some one to point me in the right direction.these programers are quite pricey so i don't want to buy stuff i don't need.if you have some spare time i would greatly apreciate your knowledge, so can you drop me a line sometime?
thank you very much,
will.
wkurylec@aol.com
Old 10-11-2005, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With an A4, you want a full tuner. It will allow you to also adjust lock-up and part throttle shift points. HPP3 only changes WOT shift points. The ability to fully control your transmission will improve your driving experience more than a mod that just adds 10 hp.

Willmoon: Programs like HPTuners are pretty easy to use for the basics. If you post in the Eastern Members forum, you can probably find someone in the Philly area who will meet up with you and show you their software.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Take a look at the stickies at the top of this section. Horrist did a good job putting those together to help get new tuners in the right direction.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Anybody messed around with Diablo's Chipmaster Revolution tuning at all. Didn't know if it was worth a **** or not. Trying to do a little research as to what I would like to buy. Thanks for any insight.

Chris