Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

wiring power from satalite radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiring power from satalite radio

I have sirrus in my car. I want to wire the power source to the car somehow and a switch. could anybody help me with this..I've never done it before? I'm tired of having my cig plug used up from this, plus all of the extra wire hanging around there. so basically..I want to take the power..hook it up to a switch..and thena power source inside the car..that is only used when the car is turned on so I eliminate the possiblity of killing the battery from leaving it on.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could hook the wire up to a "switched" power wire and negate the use of an actual switch. (its the red wire on your stereo) Or if you want juice for it with your car off hook it up to the "battery" wire (yellow wire on the back of your stereo) and connect a switch to it.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by CashMoney
You could hook the wire up to a "switched" power wire and negate the use of an actual switch. (its the red wire on your stereo) Or if you want juice for it with your car off hook it up to the "battery" wire (yellow wire on the back of your stereo) and connect a switch to it.
Uh, no, not exactly. While most aftermarket setups use the colors you mention, the factory harness has a yellow wire for the ignition controlled power and an orange wire for the battery power.