Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

KX600.1 remote bass boost

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 02:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KX600.1 remote bass boost

Anyone using this amp, just got mine in the mail today. I was wondering were everyone was mounting there remote bass boost. Thinking of the ash tray area since I don't use it anyway. By the way, the amp looks awesome and has a birth certificate of 745watts...
Old 09-28-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

that depends if you want it out of sight or not. I personally run kick since I got my first 800.2 some time ago and have mounted it in verious spot's. I like mine to be easly used but not a eye sore. kind of hinden or blending in. in my s-10 I mounted it in my center console were the cd cases went. I mounted it on the dash in a empty spot next to my steering wheel on my silverado. in my camaro it's in the center console under the lid. as for using it I don't constently play with mine. I only change it from my normal listening level if a realy good song comes or or I'm in the modd for something heavy. I do use it though.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Im thinking of putting it in the empty space in front of the shifter. Where the traction control bottun usually is. But I don't have TCS so it's empty. Not sure if im going to use it much or not. The HU has a seperate volume for the sub so I'll probrably use that more than the kicker one since the bass boost is only at around 40Hz.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

i got that amp also. the remote **** is just sittin there right now, but when i get off my ***, im goin to mount it in the panel with the TCS switch if i can with just the know stickin through. if not that then maybe where the change holder is in the center console. i keep it on one setting mostly, but some cds i adjust it for almost every song.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info. When I mount mine I'll post some pics.